Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sabbatical Begins

After a year of preparation, I am now officially on sabbatical-leave which involves three months dedicated to spiritual renewal and replenishment.  The first day could not have been any more full of stuff I love.  Granted, it was a Saturday -- and I don't usually work on Saturdays other than to finish sermon preparation; but there was a different feeling about this Saturday knowing it was the beginning of something GREAT.

I went for a jog in the morning, and spent the bulk of the day with my friend Rafi -- enjoying a delicious brunch at Green Bean in Northhampton, MA followed by a trip to South Deerfield where I finally experienced Magic Wings butterfly conservatory.  See pics below!  We took Jack for a hike at one of his favorite spots: Mt. Tom, then played tennis  in the cooler evening hours at pro-level courts nearby.  After picking up home-made ice-cream at Mt. Tom Creamery, we made veggie tacos for dinner and chilled in front of a movie - Trainspotting -- selected because it takes place in one of my sabbatical destinations: Edinburgh.  After so much activity, we both fell asleep before the ending...

Here are a few snapshots I took at the Conservatory. Glorious fluttery things, proving one need not travel all that far to marvel at the work of our ever-Creative Creator.




No comments:

Post a Comment