Sunday, October 1, 2017

More than Fair

Last week I had the privilege of preaching and leading worship at Joy Lutheran Church in Parker, Colorado as a supply pastor (similar to a substitute teacher).  While I've led several interfaith chapel services at the hospital during my chaplain residency program, it had been over a year since I presided at Sunday morning worship.  I loved it!  The community could not have been more welcoming.  I even struck gold as the Women of Joy group hosted a bake sale that weekend, and I left church with a mint chocolate cake, assorted cookies, and zucchini bread in hand.  All for the sake of helping refugees.

I am including the audio version of my message here.  I did not realize the congregation recorded the sermon for their website until after the service was over.  I give credit to preaching gurus Matthew Skinner and David Lose with help in the preparation of this sermon.

More than Fair sermon on Sept 24, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment